Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Great Article on Superman

I can't lie, I am an unabashed fan of Superman. I have loved Big Blue since the days when I would run through the house with my Superman PJs on and try to fly by leaping from the living room doorway towards the couch (which I was mostly unsuccessful at much to my grandmother's chagrin).

Some people thinks he's boring because he's all powerful, has no weaknesses, or too goody-goody. I think those folks are missing the point....it's not his powers or lack of weaknesses that can make him such an appealing character. It's that despite what goes on in the world around him, his convictions and morals are unwaviering. No matter what circumstances, he is the good guy. He always has been and always has be. His biggest weakness is his heart and the fact that he is the ultimate good guy.

This leads me to this post on www.ifanboy.com.

I think Mike Romo sums up a lot of the issues with current crop of Superman books quite well and I think it is a very good read that should be checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment